Whenever I teach a workshop, it reminds me why I do this, why I share recipes and information about superfoods and herbs. I'm able to directly connect with students and others who are interested in learning more. This gives me inspiration to continue sharing, through the receptivity to this unique way of making food. It's truly respected and reciprocal in that we can share our stories with each other in a format like a workshop. And the other aspect of getting to share what I've made right there is awesome! When you taste the desserts, I can see your face light up, and that gives me joy!! ;)
I wanted to share some of the photos of recipes we made during the raw dessert workshops up in Calgary. During the Milk n' Cookies Upgrade workshop we made some of these delicious raw cookie recipes including the Vanilla & Cacao Ice Cream Bars from my book 'Raw Cookies.' Also the dipped hearts below are a raw Chocolate Chaga Thin Mint cookie dipped in a chocolate shell. Those come from my ebook 'Dessert Alchemy' if you would love to try them out! Today though, I will share with you my Lemon Cream Bars, a variation on my Lemon Poppyseed Bars from 'Raw Cookies.' We also made an array of elixirs and drinks, to pair with each cookie (Milk n' Cookies). I love sharing in this way, it brings out the kid inside!!
Try my Adaptablend superfood herbal mix with macadamia nut milk, that would be a favorite combo with these lemon bars! Simply blend 2 T Adaptablend with fresh made nut milk, a touch of honey and pinch of sea salt. Perfection with the cookies!
Lemon Cream Cookies ~ w/ Raw Superfood Herbal Upgrades
Cashew Coconut Cookie
1/2 cup cashews
2 1/2 cups coconut flakes
1 tsp lucuma powder
1 tsp maca powder
1/2 cup dates
1 tsp vanilla powder
4 T raw honey
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 T olive oil
4 T lemon juice
1/4 cup sundried cane crystals (or coconut sugar)
1 T raw honey
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup pure water
1 tsp astragalus extract powder
1/8 tsp turmeric extract powder
pinch Himalayan salt
For Lemon Cookie
- Blend cashews in a high power blender to make a flour.
- In a food processor, mix the coconut flakes and cashews until combined.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor and mix until a loose dough is formed.
- Line a 8”x8” brownie pan with parchment paper and press the cookie mix into the bottom.
- Place another piece of parchment on top and roll a straight sided glass over the top to compact the cookie, if desired.
- Remove parchment and set aside while making lemon cream.
For Lemon Cream
- Melt down the coconut oil in a glass jar placed in hot water, or over a double boiler.
- Place all ingredients in a high power blender, coconut oil last, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour cream over the cookie layer and chill in until set, about 2 hours.
- Remove parchment from pan and cut cookie into squares, store chilled.
- Top with edible flowers like Lilacs and superfood powders like Lotus Pollen.
** Astragalus is an herb from Chinese Medicine, called 'The Great Protector.' It is a potent Qi tonic, great for enhancing the immune system. Also great for the heart and promotes longevity. As with any 'tonic' herb it is best used over time to see benefits.